Verizon makes Android 5.1 update for 2014 Moto X official
Given just how recently the soak test for the update began, we’re impressed at how quickly Verizon and Motorola able to turn around and deliver officially the Verizon Moto X Android 5.1 update. The carrier has posted release notes on its website today, and the OTA is due to be rolling out any minute now.
The full Verizon changelog is available below; let us know down in the comments if you’ve received the update on your own device!
- Volume settings panel icons added to match icons in status bar.
- Quickly select different WiFi accessory or Bluetooth devices with the added pull-down controls.
- Minimum swipe distance increased to reduce accidental interactions if Ambient Display is enabled.
- Use the new interruption volume control settings to prevent missed alarms.
- Block interruptions until your next alarm
- Available when next scheduled alarm is within 12 hours
- Enter a scheduled downtime early
- Available when the next scheduled downtime is within four hours
- Change notification volume while media is playing by selecting new bell icon to show notification volume controls
- Lost or stolen devices remain unlocked until the Google account on phone is signed into, even if reset to factory settings. Note that a Google account must be on this device.
- Reduces smartphone theft by preventing unauthorized reactivation of stolen device.After out of box setup is complete, the device is protected from theft