Three Galaxy Note 7 devices overheated and burnt to a crisp this week in the US and all of them happened to be replacement phones for ones that were recalled last month.

Apparently, it just hasn’t been a good week for the iPhone 6 Plus, either.

Two of those two-year-old phones also burned, one while charging in a Fresno, California, another in the pocket of a student at Rowan College at Burlington County in Mount Laurel, New Jersey.

The student in the second case was Darin Hlavaty, who was the center of attention in his physical science class on October 1. After a fizzing sound, then a pop, smoke started pouring out of his back pocket, burning a hole through it. Hlavaty wasn’t seriously hurt as he got the iPhone 6 Plus away from him. The fire was put out and class was moved to another room.

“The only thing that was wrong with it was a simple crack, but I don’t see a simple crack causing it to blow up in my pocket,” Hlavaty said.

Apple did not comment on the case, but is presumably into a promised investigation.

On Thursday, the company has also had to deal with Yvette Estrada. She woke up to a wee hours’ sizzle and pop before her charging phone burst into flames. Her husband put the phone in a sink and told her to call the fire department. The fire had damaged a dresser, a pair of glasses and two Apple Watch stands.

Estrada said that Apple has offered her a new Watch stand, a charger and a replacement for the iPhone 6 Plus. They also offered an upgrade to an iPhone 7, but she would have to pay for it.

Hlavaty had his iPhone 6 Plus for six months. Estrada had hers for three.

Here’s the thing: we don’t know if Apple engaged in communications with those customers in an attempt to discourage them from going public with these explosions. Samsung did.

Source: WPVI-TV, KFSN-TV
Via: PhoneArena

You May Also Like
OPPO Reno 10x Zoom
OPPO Reno 10x Zoom update brings the ability to record videos from ultra-wide, periscope cameras
It is also receiving the June 2020 Android security patch.
LG could give us the first rollable smartphone next year
LG may deliver a new rollable smartphone next year, as reports suggest that it’s already begun production for the prototypes
MOTO G 5G Plus
Moto G 5G Plus launched in Europe for €349
It will be available from July 8 across Europe in two variants