Sure, T-Mobile might be shaking up the wireless industry with a whole slew of “Uncarrier” actions, but is it really turning into good results for the company? According to the T-Mobile Q3 results released today, those results aren’t just “good” – they’re incredible.
First of all, T-Mobile has gained 1.4 million postpaid customers this quarter, among other impressive stats that make this T-Mobile’s best quarter in company history. CEO John Legere said as much, taking the stage at Re/code’s Code/Mobile conference for an interview on Monday.
Here’s a sampling of the other stats:
- Best quarter ever of branded postpaid net adds – 1.4 million
- Branded postpaid phone net adds more than doubled quarter-over-quarter to 1.2 million
- Branded prepaid net adds up more than four times quarter-over-quarter to 411,000
- 10 million total customers added over the last 6 quarters – 2.3 million in the third quarter alone
- Service revenues grew 10.6% year-over-year to $5.7 billion
- Best ever Average Billings Per User (ABPU) of $61.59, up 4.2% year-over-year
- Adjusted EBITDA of $1.35 billion, flat year-over-year, impacted by record customer growth
T-Mobile also announced Monday that its LTE network now covers 250 million Americans – a sure sign of rapid growth for the underdog carrier. The gains are surely led by sales of the newest devices on the market, mainly Apple’s iPhone 6, and should lead to an incredibly strong finish to the year.