So, wait. You’re in the real world experiencing all the twists, turns and up and down Gs, but you’ll wear some digi-goggles to go along with that?
It seems like US amusement park company Six Flags wants to innovate on its current roller coaster experiences and has teamed up with Samsung to do so, introducing its Gear VR headsets to nine of its roller coasters nationwide.
Samsung, as “Official Technology Partner,” will implement two themed adventures — one themed upon “a futuristic battle to save planet earth from an alien invasion,” the other a SUPERMAN-themed one where one goes up against Lex Luthor’s anti-gravity gun — into the following coasters:
- Shock Wave at Six Flags Over Texas
- Dare Devil Dive at Six Flags Over Georgia
- The New Revolution at Six Flags Magic Mountain
- Ninja at Six Flags St. Louis
- Steamin’ Demon at The Great Escape
- Goliath at La Ronde
- SUPERMAN Krypton Coaster at Six Flags Fiesta Texas
- SUPERMAN The Ride at Six Flags New England
- SUPERMAN Ride of Steel at Six Flags America
Shock Wave, Dare Devil Dive and The New Revolution will be open this month to Season Pass Holders for a preview. It will be an optional, free experience for riders 12 years of age or older. No, you don’t need to bring your own compatible phone.
Maybe the headset will do a good job at hiding the tears you’ll cry during the ride. Won’t do anything about the pants you’ll wet or the nausea.