Motorola brings Android 5.1 to AT&T and US Cellular Moto X, Cricket Moto E
Let the Android updates never end! In what feels like the millionth piece of Lollipop update news this week already (and it’s only Wednesday morning!), Motorola has taken to Google+ to talk up some additional new updates. Specifically, these Motorola Android 5.1 updates concern the US Cellular and AT&T Moto X 2014, as well as the second-gen Moto E for Cricket.
The bulk of the information is available below, thanks to a Google+ post from Motorola employee David Schuster. It’s all pretty self-explanatory from the information below, organized by device, but one thing you may be confused about is the “open pull” terminology – all that means is that you can pull the update from Settings manually, but you won’t be notified of it.
Moto X (2nd Gen)
- We are starting full deployment for USC in the US today
- We are starting full soak test for AT&T in the US today
- We are expanding the soak test for Verizon today and allowing open pull
Moto G (1st Gen) w/4G LTE
- We are starting full soak in Brazil Retail today
Moto E (2nd Gen) w/4G LTE
- We are starting full deployment for Cricket in the US today
UPDATE: Moto X (2nd Gen) on AT&T is open for pull for the 5.1 Lollipop upgrade