An iPhone 6s is the 20th top-selling phone at Best Buy
But numbers 1 through 19? Well, it’s a battle of the wills between Apple and Samsung as resellers get busy with fresh inventories of the iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus and Galaxy Note 5. What? No Galaxy S6 edge+ love? Not at Best Buy and not for this quarter, it seems. We’re getting a look at a slew of charts and graphs from sales data analysis firm JeeQ Data.
To be precise, the top 20 ranking cover phones sold with a carrier plan during the third quarter, ending yesterday, at Best Buy. Here are the top five:
- iPhone 6 in Space Gray – 16GB on Verizon
- iPhone 6 in Space Gray – 16GB on Sprint
- iPhone 6 in Space Gray – 64GB on Verizon
- Galaxy S6 in Black Sapphire – 32GB on Verizon
- iPhone 6 in Gold – 16GB on Verizon
Other statistics worth pointing out for the chart:
- Verizon is the most represented carrier on the list, taking 10 of the 20 slots and six of the top 10.
- Even though Apple snagged the top three, Samsung’s phones has 11 spots on the list.
- Samsung’s Galaxy S5 is the 11th most popular phone. The Note 4 is 17th. Both are on Sprint.
- The 20th most popular phone is the iPhone 6s in Space Gray – 64GB on Verizon, an astonishing feat given the short period between start of sales and end of quarter and also the extra $100 total.
- 14 entries have the base storage capacity for each brand. Two are unaccounted for (the Galaxy S5 and Note 4). No 128GB iPhone made the list.
Of the top 10 bestselling phone-plan combos, Apple devices represent 53 percent of the total units sold while Samsung gets 47 percent. Apple’s sales numbers trended up for each month of the quarter while Samsung’s dove down.
Interesting numbers from inside the machine work that paint out the story we’ve been seeing for a while with Apple and Samsung. What do you see?
Source: JeeQ Data