According to a new analyst report that focuses on the US smartphone activations in the Q1 of 2020, most users went for Android devices. However, iOS activations have reached their highest numbers since the Q1 of 2016.

CIRP has presented data from the first quarter of 2020 that represents Android and iOS market share in the United States. iOS held 44 percent of the market, while Android took the remaining 56 percent. When we compare these numbers to past years, we see that iOS say an 8 percent increase in its numbers. We can also see that iOS has been growing since Q1 2018 when they were measured a 32 percent of market share.

CIRP’s data also shoes that OS loyalty is very high at around 90 percent for both Android and iOS, meaning that there are very few customers that choose to switch from iOS to Android or the other way around.

Source 9to5Mac

Via CIRP




A former bilingual teacher that left the classrooms to join the team of Pocketnow as a news editor and content creator for the Spanish audience. An artist by nature who enjoys video games, guitars, action figures, cooking, painting, drawing and good music.

You May Also Like
OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus 9, Samsung Galaxy S21 and more Android devices are on sale
Check out some of the best deals on Android smartphones available today, starting with the OnePlus 9 series, the Galaxy S21 series, and more
iOS-15-features-iPhone-Apple-devices
Apple releases new iOS 15.0.2 and watchOS 8.0.1 to help address bugs
Check out the new iOS 15.0.2 and watchOS 8.0.1 software updates that have arrived to fix some issues with your Apple devices
Google-Pixel-6-lineup-official-images-from-Google
Massive Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro leak reveals everything
Ahead of the announcement on October 19, popular leaker Evan Blass has posted full Google Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro websites.