"HTC Pure Style" is a cool new theme for Mobile Shell 3.5.1. This theme moves all the essential components of Mobile Shell to a vertical sidebar, much like Samsung's TouchWiz UI with its widgets. The bar sticks to the left side on every screen within Mobile Shell, but the main lifestyle sliding panel system remains intact. This gives you the ability to customize your panels and have quick access to vital parts of the shell. Think of it as an expanded version of the default menu bar. It was created by the talented theme makers at MobileCustom, who also made the great Hero themes for MS3-3.5. Features and installation guide are listed below.
- Bottom bar functions (left to right):
- Favorite programs
- Edit menu
- Sidebar functions (top to bottom):
- Messages the left corner houses your SMS, Email and missed calls. Clicking on them will take you to those areas of Mobile Shell. It’s convenient because it displays your new message count at all times.
- Favorites this links you to the familiar favorite contacts panel.
- Weather clicking here will grant you access to the MS weather panel. Once there, tapping the bottom will switch between current conditions and the 5-day forecast.
- Home the core of Mobile Shell and this theme. Hit this icon and you will always return to your lifestyle sliding panels
- Launcher leads you to SPB Menu/Launcher and is skinned with TouchFLO-like icons.
- Wireless/Profiles change your phone profile, backlight setting and enable/disable wireless connections here.
- Agenda appointments and calendar.
- Contacts all of your contacts are displayed.
Installation: Make sure you update to the latest version of Mobile Shell, which is v3.5.1 RC. If you already have it installed, it's recommended to do a clean re-install. Next, download the HTC Pure Style CAB from MobileCustom (must register to access file), install and then soft reset. Unfortunately, the theme is only available for WVGA devices, but they're currently working to expand it to VGA/QVGA/WQVGA.