The HTC One M9 was subject to good reviews, but one of the main complaints was its average camera performance (aside from being an incremental update to the One M8 in most aspects, something part of the press could live with, but some users couldn’t). If you’re living in Europe, Middle East, or Asia, an HTC One M9 update should land on your device starting today (version 1.40.401.5, which is already live in Taiwan). It might not reach your phone immediately (so start abusing the update button). When it lands, it will bring:
– Greater auto-exposure balance to improve overexposure, so images look less washed out
– Reduction of noise and blur in low light, so images are clearer and detail is more apparent
– Reduction of yellow/green hue to photos taken in extreme lighting conditions, so colors appear truer to their actual hue
– Reduced power consumption by YouTube and Facebook, so you can stay on these sites longer or know that your battery will last longer if your site use doesn’t change
– Smart charging thermal improvement, which means your phone will stay cooler when it’s being charged
The update is still Android 5.0.2-based, and not a higher version number, but, in any case, it is good to see the company continuously improving its flagship with this HTC One M9 update.