In Europe this quarter, it’s all about Apple and Huawei
Fortunately, there’s a new global view we now have access to. Sales data analysts at Kantar WorldPanel ComTech have crunched the numbers from several geographical markets and have come to some interesting observations about Huawei and Apple devices for calendar Q3.
- iOS has the highest market share in Great Britain it ever had for a third quarter.
- Also in Great Britain, Samsung and LG were the only Android brands that grew their shares this quarter. Android, as a whole, declined in OS share.
- US iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus sales made up 11 percent of Q3 sales despite being launched so late in the period.
- Huawei is the top smartphone brand in China with year-over-year share growth of 72 percent. Xiaomi and Apple round out the top three.
- Huawei is also the second most popular Android brand in the EU’s five most populated countries.
Operating system market share data for ten markets is available below. You can even compare data from previous periods.