VLC is a popular, free media player capable of playing most media codecs and video formats on your computer. You will often find apps on various mobile platforms that allow you to remotely control the player using a phone. As of today, theres now a Windows Phone 7 app that gives you this same ability. Ageye’s “VLC Play!” lets you control nearly every function of the VLC player straight from your device. Check out the list of features below and get it from the Windows Phone 7 Marketplace for $2.99. You will need to configure VLC Media Player for use with the app.
Features of VLC play!:
– Browse the folders of your computer
– Display the cover art of the current title
– Remotely start VLC
– Shutdown/Standby of your computer
– Control nearly every function of VLC from your Windows Phone
– DVD control
– Earphone mode (stream the audio channel to your phone)
– More features to come!