By Brandon Miniman | November 26, 2010 11:34 AM
Over at XDA, there is a 17-page thread with tips and tricks for Windows Phone 7. So that you don’t have to pore through all 17 pages, we’ve disseminated the most useful tips into a handy list below. Here they are:
1. Press and hold the Start button to access voice controls
2. Sync Windows Phone 7 with Outlook (sort of)
3. To quickly hard reset, hold volume up and down during phone startup.
4. When flipping through photos, pinch to zoome out to film-strip view.
5. When pinning a website to your Start screen from IE, the zoom level determines the picture used for the tile. So, zoom into the website’s logo to get a more accurate photo.
6. When connected to headphones, you can change the volume without turning on the screen.
7. If you want to silence your phone and ignore a call when it comes through, tap the power button while the phone is ringing.
8. Tap and hold in about 25 places to bring up hidden options.
9. Use your device as portable storage (difficult).
10. Use wireless sync from Zune software to send multimedia wirelessly to your phone.