S2P (Slide to Play), the popular music player app for Windows Phones which is now commercial has been updated to version 1.1 since our last coverage and the new version brings lots of new features to the table, like support for WMA tags and AAC tags as well as lots of improvements and fixes. For a (long) list of the changes, see below (quote):
– now Artists list shows Artist names from tags, not from folders. i.e. different albums of an artist are now not necessarily be placed under a same sub-folder; but the basic rule – a folder is an album, is remained the same.
– added progress bar on start-up, “Refresh Library” and “Set Library”.
– added larger Play/Forward/Backward keys. If more space is needed for the play buttons, set the “Album Layout” to “Topmost” (Settings > Appearance).
– added option to show system taskbar (Settings > Appearance). If you have installed any application (e.g. some SPB software) which allows to close an active program on tapping the close button on the taskbar, please add S2P as an exception so as to minimize it (not close it). Otherwise, S2P will not be restarted normally.
– added option to assign Answer or Windows hardware key as a quit shortcut key (Settings > Others).
– added option to have a higher display frame rate (Settings > Advanced). But suggest not to be used on slow device; and a higher display frame rate definitely consumes more power.
– added support to read WMA tags from WMA files.
– added support to read ID3 tags from AAC files.
– added search function within individual playlist.
– added on the playing music screen, double tap the big album to show the current album song list (i.e. same as tapping the small list icon on the top right hand corner).
– changed the background of the playing music screen; it shows the Album art when viewing the album song list.
– changed the option “Always resume playback on start” to “On start, the playback will always”: resume, pause or off (i.e. remember the last quit status).
– improved ASX/M3U playlist compatibility.
– fixed some occasions that S2P could not start normally.
– fixed the alphabetical index bar occasionally did not work.
– fixed the “Shuffle Album” under the Albums list did not work.
– fixed the “Save WMP registry values” option did not work.
– a few minor bugs fixed.