In this video we’re taking a look at the hardware on the LG Optimus 7 as well as the form factor and build quality of the Korean Windows Phone 7 handset.
The device is solid, feels good in hand and the materials used leave the impression of a well-designed, well-built handset. The battery cover is stainless steel and the casing is plastic — but doesn’t feel cheap at all — as well as plastic hardware buttons at the bottom (my only concern is that the silver color on these might fade away with time but we’ll have to see that in the long run).
Specs-wise, the LG Optimus 7 is pretty much like all the other Windows Phone 7 handsets out there but with a few features of its own, like the largest battery capacity among Windows Phone 7 devices with its 1,500mAh pack that according to an AnandTech research, is 17.7% more efficient than HTC Surround and 26.9% more efficient than Samsung Focus. Also, according to the Windows Phone 7 official page, the talk time on the LG Optimus 7 is 480 minutes as opposed to Samsung Omnia’s 370 minutes and HTC HD7′s 380 minutes. So far, with my typical day-to-day usage, I’ve managed to go approximately two days on a full charge, using two email accounts, surfing the web, listening to music, using Facebook and Twitter, checking out maps and getting familiar with the device and its operating system.
The other unique feature is the use of physical hardware buttons for the old fashioned, tactile feedback button enthusiasts. While I personally love this feature as opposed to capacitive buttons, it all comes down to personal preference. In case you missed our LG Optimus 7 Unboxing, follow the link to catch up.
- Size: 125 x 59.8 x 11.5 mm
- Processor: 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon QSD8650
- Memory: 16GB (4GB NAND / 4GB SDRAM)
- Display: 3.8-inch WVGA (800 x 480) capacitive TFT with tempered glass front
- Battery: 1,500mAh
- Camera: 5-megapixel with auto focus and LED flash
- Radio GSM: Quad Band 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- Radio UMTS: Tri Band 900 / 1900 / 2100
- Radio HSDPA / HSUPA: 7.2Mbps / 5.7Mbps
- Bluetooth 2.1
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient Light, Digital Compass
- Special feature: DLNA, FM radio
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- USB 2.0: microUSB
- Operating System: Windows Phone 7