By Adam Z. Lein | March 31, 2011 8:31 AM
XDA-Developers member “Noticed” discovered a pretty simple trick that might result in you getting your Windows Phone 7 update sooner than you’re supposed to. This is an alternative to another VPN/Dialup method floating around and it’s pretty simple. Unfortunately it only works for devices who’s status is in the “Delivering Update” phase as indicated on Microsoft’s Where’s my phone update status page. You’re probably thinking, “If it’s set to the Delivering Update phase, why didn’t I just recieve the update normally?” Well, Microsoft wants to stagger the update delivery so that they can watch out for problems and the servers don’t get overloaded all at once.
The technique is as follows:
1. Start Zune
2. Turn off Data connection and Wifi on the Phone
3. Connect the Phone with the PC (USB)
4. Start the update search in Zune
5. About 3 seconds later, disconnect your PC from the internet (Turn WLAN off).
6. Zune finds NoDo-Update. Press OK.
7. Connect to the internet again and install the update.
Have you tried this method and did it work for you?