Slide2Unlock2, or simply S2U2, received a nice update today that brings several new changes to the popular screen locking application. Version 2.30 gives the user the ability to change the location of the unlock slider to either left or center. Centering it makes it look and act similar to the standard Windows Mobile 6.5 slider where you can slide either left or right to unlock. A slide to dismiss feature has also been added for incoming messages and reminders.
S2U2 has been integrated with WinMo 6.5 as well so when you press the lock soft-key in the Star menu, it will now activate S2U2. Another change users have been waiting for is TouchFLO 3D music player support, which lets you play music when the screen is off/locked. As always, grab S2U2 from A_C’s website. Discussion thread is also available on XDA-developers. Check out the full list of changes and bug fixes below.
Changes of v2.30 (01/27/10):
- Added option to replace the WM6.5 system manual lock (S2U2 Settings > Advanced).
i.e. press the system start icon/button, then press lock will start S2U2;
suggest to soft-reset after upgraded to this version; if it does not work, please refer to the FAQs.
- Added option to change the position of the slider, either left or center (S2U2 Settings > Appearance).
new tags (s_S2DDismiss, s_S2DCancel, s_S2DView & s_CS2UText) added to lang.ini for the texts shown around the slider.
- Added option to mirror the sliding text when the slider is on the center (S2U2 Settings > Appearance).
- Added option to show “slide to dismiss/cancel” when the SMS/Email/Alarm/Reminder/Missed call is shown (S2U2 Settings > General).
- Added option to show today’s past appointments in italic font (S2U2 Settings > Appointment).
- Added support for TouchFLO Music player; play TouchFLO Music in screen off and locked.
- Added command switch -unlock for iLock2 to unlock S2U2.
- Improved the CallerID compatibility on some non-English devices (again).
- Fixed the BACK key not worked on some devices with the DPAD option turned on (S2U2 Settings > Others).
- A few minor bugs fixed.