BattLineSvc is another battery indicator application for Windows Mobile/Phone but what makes it different than the others is that “it’s a true Windows Mobile service, so it does NOT use one of the precious few 32 slots available for processes”. See the green line at the very top of the screen, which is fully customizable and changes colors (see features below).
It has been tested to work on Windows Mobile 5, 6, 6.1, and 6.5 but since it’s the first release, it doesn’t come with a configuration application – which we hope to see in the future. Until then, settings can be changed by directly editing the registry at HKCUSoftwareAvian WavesBattLineSvc (for a complete list of registry entries, check the forum thread).
Current features are attractive though (quote):
- Shows a nice bar along the top of your screen to indicate battery status.
- Color changes based on ‘warning’ and ‘critical’ battery levels (configurable).
- Immediately correctly resizes when the screen orientiation changes.
- The battery level is updated at 20 second intervals and also when the device is awakes from sleep.
- Can show a bar at the bottom of the battery bar (if you want it).
- Can be offset from the left, if you have a fancy Windows Logo icon.
- Height of the bar can be changed.
- VERY low resources used — runs as a TRUE service and uses as close as 0% CPU as is possible by an app like this. So it’s good for even older snail devices. :-D
- AppToDate support!