The web page is already up on T-Mobile’s site, saying that T-Mobile customers will soon be able to update their T-Mobile Pocket PC, Phone Edition devices to the 2003 Operating System. Aside from the more robust networking capabilities and more efficient use of memory in the 2003 OS, the T-Mobile update includes the following features:
– Always On enables real-time, over-the-air access to new e-mail, calendar appointments, or contacts from MS Exchange 2003 Server.
– View and edit documents in Microsoft Pocket Word and Excel.
– View Microsoft PowerPoint and PDF Files ($20 value).
New and improved phone features
– Improved text messaging capabilities
– Quicker contact searching
– Call muting feature
– RingTones now support WAV and MIDI
– Windows Media Player 9 supports Video, WMA, MP3, and WAV files
Unlimited T-Mobile Internet
– Unlimited T-Mobile Internet for only $19.99 when combined with a voice plan.
Those of you with T-Mobile PPC Phones should keep an eye on the page linked above to find out when the update is available to you.