If you’re on Sprint you’ll be happy to find out that the carrier is preparing the “Upgrade Now” program which will basically allow an early upgrade to customers given they will buy their way out of a contact. The program is set to run for two months between February 12 and April 14 but there is no official announcement yet from Sprint’s side.
There will be a fee tied to the “Upgrade Now” program and select customers who will be able to take advantage of the offer (only at corporate store locations) will have to sign a new two-year agreement. You will not be able to participate if you have upgraded less than 8 months ago, you have a corporate account, you have an airave and tablet account or you have an iDEN device. Customers in collections are also non-eligible.
The “Upgrade Now” fee will depend on your last upgrade, as follows:
– $165 if you have upgraded 9-11 months ago
– $125 if you have upgraded 12-14 months ago
– $95 if you have upgraded 15-17 months ago
– $55 if you have upgraded 18-21 months ago
– $36 which is the standard Upgrade Fee if you upgraded more than 22 months ago.