By Chuong Nguyen | June 8, 2010 2:27 AM
If you’ve taken the plunge and bought the HTC EVO 4G recently, Sprint offers these tips to maximize your battery life and have a pleasant experience with the world’s first 4G Android smartphone.
1. Add widgets to your HTC Sense homescreen to control the radios (Bluetooth, WiFi, 4G)
2. Use the widgets to turn off select radios when not in use. If you’re not using 4G, switch it off and fall back on 3G instead to gain better battery life.
3. Turn off network roaming. By default, roaming is turned on for the HTC EVO 4G out of the box, which means that the phone scans for the strongest CDMA/EV-DO signal. If you’ve got great Sprint coverage where you are and don’t need to roam onto one of Sprint’s partner carriers, turn off roaming so the phone doesn’t need to constantly search for the best signal.
4. Turn on automatic brightness so the screen can adjust in light and dark environments rather than having brightness turned all the way up. Alternatively, you can also set the screen brightness lower by default.
5. Turn off live wallpapers–they’re pretty, but they do use a little bit of extra processing power.
6. Carry an extra battery or plug into a car charger when you can.