By Anton D. Nagy | December 2, 2010 9:52 AM
Nokia has updated its Ovi Maps software to a new 3.06 beta which will allow you to download Street Maps straight to your phone without the need for a Computer.
After the social networking update, the latest version of Ovi Maps features an Update button on the Main Menu which will take advantage of the device’s WiFi and download Street Maps. Find the complete list of changes below:
- Download street maps directly to your device! A new feature called “Update” on the main menu which allows you download Street Maps directly (via WiFi) to your phone without a PC!
- My Position and Search are now integrated (now called Map). When accessed, it will show your last map view
- Back button in Favourites
- Long tap functionality to delete & rename collections & routes
- Pop up for first time use to inform user to download new map data (when upgrading 3.04 > 3.06 for the first time)
- Improved behaviours of transit lines settings in map toolbox (no more grey out)
- Compass calibration hint
- Refreshed place details information view