The HTC Touch Pro/Fuze can connect to a projector or other external video source like a computer monitor or television. It can also output audio, which can be great if you want to play a movie on a larger screen. The quality isn’t amazing, but it’s good enough.
To get this TV-Out function to work, you can buy a $25 HTC TV-Out cable, or you can do it for under $3 as shown in the video above. Thanks to PPCGeeks for the great idea.
Here is what you need…
- The converter that came with your Touch Pro (click here if you lost it or don’t have one)
- A set of $3 iPod video-out cables (like these from Amazon)
- This CAB which needs to be installed onto your device
Here is the step-by-step to get it to work…
1. Connect converter to your device. Then, connect the iPod cable into the 3.5mm headphone jack on the converter
2. Connect composite wires (red/white/yellow) to your audio/video source
3. Go to Start>Programs, and run EnableTVOut. That’s it!
Update: This won’t work on the Touch HD/Diamond – they don’t have TV-Out functionality (and just to be totally sure, I tried on the HD).