By Anton D. Nagy | October 28, 2010 3:21 AM
After the 2.2.20 update two months ago, the Verizon Motorola Droid 2 is preparing to receive another firmware update this time upping the numbers to version 2.3.20.
You are encouraged to apply the update that will be pushed to your Droid 2 as it comes with lots of improvements (some quite critical, like battery life) and enhancements as seen below:
- Improved battery life.
- Heightened proximity sensor accuracy to enable faster screen response.
- View the Weather widget in both landscape and portrait orientation.
- Simpler setup, improved user interactions, and better notifications for Visual Voice Mail.
- Background Email Sync during display inactivity for better user experience.
- Support for email domain suffixes containing more than three characters.
- Keep text messages organized with chronological in-box screen.
- Edit text messages after you’ve inserted a video file.
- Improved audio sound during recorded video playbacks.
- Stream Guided Tour videos on device in Help Center application with ease.
- Faster location tracking during GPS navigation.
- Faster transitions between Wi-Fi and 3G in data connection.
- New ability to add pictures from your Gallery to a contact.
- Export all your contacts to the SD card.
- View details of Social Networking contacts.
- VZ Navigator® is now preloaded on device.