Verizon is preparing to send out an over-the-air update for the LG Spectrum but, despite the fact that the Spectrum is on the list of devices to officially get an update to Ice Cream Sandwich soon, it’s not the Android 4.0 refresh.
Instead, expect fixes, improvements and updated applications. Check out the full changelog below:
- EAS password follows security policy, requiring an 8-digit password minimum.
- Application launch will not cause force close when the device is scanning for
available Wi-Fi networks.
- Improved outline for multiple calendar view.
- Calendar reminders send notification at accurate time.
- Successfully sync Optimum Online accounts using POP3.
- Pinch zoom in Camera Preview mode to select zoom level.
Web Browsing & Email
- Sync and Connect email maximum count is 500 regardless of server settings.
- Browser launches immediately upon selection.
- Added Select Search Engine' option in browser settings.
- Google Search is now set as default search for a better user experience.
Applications & Widgets
- Google GMS (Google Mobile Services) is upgraded to Gingerbread R9.
--- Updated Google Play (v3.3.12) with enhanced user experiences.
--- Updated Gmail (v22.214.171.124) with a series of security fixes.
--- Talk2 (v1.3) includes updated video chat capabilities.
--- Updated YouTube (v2.3.4) includes enhanced editing functionalities.
- Visual Voice Mail connection has been updated for a better user experience
when syncing email.
- Updated Apps:
--- NFL v4.0
--- VZ Navigator (v126.96.36.199)
--- Amazon Kindle (v188.8.131.52)
--- SmartShare (R2.0)
--- Verizon Video (v6.1.34)
--- My Verizon (v10.0.7)
--- V CAST Apps (v3.03.41)