At the beginning of April we heard that Spotify was working on a “major” update for its Android client — which is more than welcome especially that some users running Ice Cream Sandwich couldn’t even use the service they were paying for.
Today Spotify has released a preview of its upcoming Android application which you can download from the source link below. The user interface has been completely rethought and it now resembles the well-known Facebook UI, with the menu bar hidden on the left part.
As far as the official changelog is concerned, here are the goodies:
- Totally new app with full support for Android 4.0
- Top-to-bottom redesign
- All-new slide-out navigation
- Even more social - check out friends' profile pages and playlists on the go
- Artist imagery in high resolution
- Related artist view - available for the first time on mobile
- So much faster!
When the application will go live in the Google Play Store, it will also feature folders as well as Last FM scrobbling. Until then, take the preview version for a spin and let us know of your thoughts.