So, you’ve got your new Sony Ericsson Xperia Play, you dig finally being able to control a game without your fingers blocking the screen, but you’re craving more of a selection of Android games enhanced for the Play’s hardware? You’re in luck, because Sony Ericsson just revealed a list of ten games that will be Xperia Play exclusives, and another dozen that will be new to the Play, presumably adapted to support the smartphone’s controller.
While we knew about some of these apps already, like the portable version of Minecraft, others are new to us. The Electronic Entertainment Expo is starting up next week, giving developers behind these titles the opportunity to show them off and try to build up hype for their releases. There’s no timeline for when you can expect these games to finally go up for sale, so you may be in for a bit of a wait for some of them.
Along with Minecraft, the following games will be premiering exclusively on the Xperia Play. They may see revamped controls and become available on other Androids later, but for the time being will be Play-only.
● Battlefield Bad Company 2 by Electronic Arts
● Tom Clancy’s Rainbow 6 Shadow Vanguard by Gameloft
● Desert Winds by Southend Interactive
● Ruined by Bigpoint
● Icebreaker by NaturalMotion
● Sleepy Jack by SilverTree Media
● Cracking Sands by Polarbit
● Armageddon Squadron 2 by Polarbit
● An unnamed fighting game from Khaeon Gamestudio
In addition to those games, this next group is also coming to the Play, but features titles already released on other smartphones or planned for release to multiple devices.
● Pocket Legends by Spacetime Studios
● Star Legends: The Black Star Chronicles by Spacetime Studios
● Eternal Legacy by Gameloft
● Guns ‘n’ Glory 2 by HandyGames
● Dungeon Hunter 2 by Gameloft
● Pocket RPG by Crescent Moon Games
● D.A.R.K. developed by Gamelab
● Samurai II: Vengeance by MADFINGER Games
● Vendetta Online by Guild Software
● Order & Chaos – Gameloft
● Happy Vikings by Handy Games
● A Ball Game by Trendy Entertainment
● Lumines by Connect2Media