By Anton D. Nagy | February 1, 2012 6:45 AM
There were several rumors around the upcoming Galaxy S II refresh circulating in the past couple of days all over the internet. The buzz and the anticipation is really high regarding the Samsung Galaxy S III and, if last week executives didn’t know for sure about launch plans, today we hear some bad news.
Samsung officially told TechRadar that there will be no Galaxy S III at MWC in Barcelona. Last year the South Korean company introduced the popular Galaxy S II and it would have been just normal to expect the follow-up at the same show. Instead, Samsung is planning a different and probably stand-alone event for the Galaxy S II follow-up.
“The successor to the Galaxy S2 smartphone will be unveiled at a separate Samsung-hosted event in the first half of the year, closer to commercial availability of the product”, says official wording. The company however “is looking forward to introducing and demonstrating exciting new mobile products at Mobile World Congress 2012″.