We knew Sony Ericsson was planning on releasing Android 2.1 Eclair updates for its X10 line-up consisting of Xperia X10, X10 Mini and X10 Mini Pro and it looks like the update is starting to roll out, at least for the Xperia X10, if you’re on O2 UK.
According to a carrier tweet, “the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 2.1 update is available today. It’s starting to roll out and will be fully available from this afternoon”. We don’t know what the carrier update will contain but we have an idea since we know what the Sony Ericsson update should bring to the Xperia X10:
- HD video recording with continuous auto-focus for high quality videos
- Upgrade of the Android platform to Android 2.1
- New back up and restore application, with extended content back up
- 5 homescreens for apps, widgets, shortcuts and folders
- Social phonebook which automatically syncs contact pictures from Facebook and shows when your friends are online