You’ve already seen Brandon give us a rundown of his top five, must-have, can’t-live-without Android applications. Well now it’s my turn. I this video I run through my top five Android app picks.
1. Pulse (free): If you follow RSS feeds of any kind, Pulse is one of the best RSS reader options for your device. You can search for feeds or manually add your own. Feeds are shown in rich text format to allow fast viewing, but the built in browser gives the option of viewing articles in their full glory pictures and video in all.
2. Dropbox (free): Dropbox is a cloud file storage service that offers both free and premium plans. If you need files to always be at your fingertips anywhere you go, then this is the app for you.
3. BeyondPod ($6.99): This is one of the better podcast applications available and at a decent price. My favorite aspect of BeyondPod is that not only does it serve as a great player and streamer, you can set podcast feeds to automatically check and download new podcasts based on your own custom schedule.
4. Logmein Ignition ($29.99): There is a hefty price tag for Logmein. However, it has been developed with business use in mind. Users who need to remotely log in to their computers whether at home or at work will find Logmein as the easiest remote desktop application to setup. It also works very well.
5. Better Keyboard ($2.99): Not everyone is satisfied with the default keyboard skin on their device. Better Keyboard is one of the many skinning apps that will allow you to change the appearance and functionality completely of your keyboard.