By Joe Levi | October 28, 2010 12:30 PM
Here’s what you need to do if you’ve got an HTC Desire HD and want superuser permissions:
First off, this is temproot, not “real” root, meaning you’ll need to get temproot at every boot, and we still dont’ have access to modifying hboot or recovery.
1. From the homescreen tap Menu then Settings
2. Tap Applications
3. Tap Development
4. Check “USB debugging” (you can come back later and turn this off if you’d like)
5. Head to the Market, download and run VISIONary
6. If you want temproot automatically on boot, make sure you push the “run on boot” button
8. If everything worked the screen will go away and you’ve got temproot
To double-check, run VISIONary again. If you see a message that your device is already rooted, well, your device is already rooted!