By Joe Levi | November 4, 2010 1:00 PM
It’s been a long time coming, but the Android 2.1 (Eclair) update for AT&T’s Backflip is finally available — and it’s a significant upgrade for the device, which has been stuck at version 1.5 (Cupcake).
The update file runs a bit more than 90MB, and the installation process takes about 20 minutes, but once you’ve got it, it’s well worth it. In addition to getting an extra two homescreens, the new Market, and a whole bunch of new apps available, users are reporting a noticeable jump in speed.
Motorola should have this available any time now, but if you’d rather not wait, here’s how you can get it on your phone now.
1. Make sure your phone has a full charge on it. You don’t want a failed update because you ran out of power half-way through.
2. Download this file Blur_Version.3.0.1390.MB300.ATT.en.US.zip from Mediafire
3. Copy the file (without renaming it) to the root of your sdcard
4. Go to Menu, Settings, About Phone, System Updates and look for updates.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to apply the update.
Source: Android Central