Yesterday we told you that Sprint is rolling out the Froyo update to their Epic 4G. Like most major updates, the rollout will come in waves, but everyone should be “eligible” to get the update by the end of the week.
If you don’t want to wait for your turn in line, or if you don’t want to download the update over-the-air (OTA), you can download the update manually, and flash like another other update. If you’re interested, here’s how to do it:
1. Navigate to Samsung’s update page then click on “Software”
2. Download the update
– TIP: if you download the Mac version (even if you’re running a different OS), things will be much easier
3. Copy the update.zip file to the root of your SD card
4. Turn off your phone
5. Hold the Volume Down and Camera buttons, then press the power button
6. The update should begin automatically. Follow the on-screen instructions and when you reboot you should have Froyo running on your Epic 4G!
Source: Android Central