By Joe Levi | October 27, 2010 6:30 PM
If you’ve got an HTC Aria (or HTC Liberty or HTC Gratia), and you’ve been waiting patiently for the opportunity to go Froyo (complete with Sense UI), thanks to a leaked “official” ROM, you don’t need to wait any longer!
1. Backup all your data and head over to the XDA-Developers thread where you can download all 124MB of the ROM.
2. After you’ve downloaded the file copy it over to the root of your sdcard and turn off your phone.
3. Reboot into recovery mode by holding the volume-down button while you press the power button. Once HBOOT is loaded, select recovery.
4. Since you’re going from one version of the OS to the next, wipe everything and factory reset.
5. Go back and select “Install zip from SDcard” and select the ROM file you copied over earlier.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions and you should be all set!
Remember, the first boot will take significantly longer than you’re sued to while everything is setup and configured.
Let me know how it went!