If you’ve got a stock Droid X running Android 2.1 and have been aching to get some of that sweet Froyo, today is the day you’ve been waiting for.
0. This is a copy of a leaked OTA update. If you have modified your Droid X from the stock configuration you’ll need to revert before proceeding any further! (This tutorial doesn’t cover how to do that.)
1. Download the update.zip file and place it on the root of your sdcard. The mirrors hosting this file can be found here.
2. Turn off your Droid X.
3. Reboot your Droid X into recovery mode by holding down the home button then pressing the power button.
4. When the “triangle with the Android” icon appears, press the search button (on the far right)
5. Select “apply sdcard:update.zip”
6. Be patient while the update is flashed (5-10 minutes)
7. When prompted, restart your Droid X.
8. The first reboot into a newly flashed ROM will take significantly longer than normal. Remember, patience is a virtue.
9. Once booted, your Droid X will be running Froyo! Enjoy!
(Source: Mydroidworld Forums)