Remember that new keyboard in Android Gingerbread I told you about earlier today? Lucky you, according to the guys at Droid-Life, you can now try it out on your phone if you’re running Froyo and have rooted your device.
1. Download .zip file HERE
2. Place the .zip on the root of SD Card
3. Boot into Recovery
3. Install .zip as you would themes, etc.
5. Go to Settings, Language & keyboard, Input Method and select “Android Keyboard”
6. Go to anywhere that you’d input text (Gmail, for example), long-press on any text area, and tap “Input method”
7. Select Android keyboard
8. Tap in the text area again, and you should have the new keyboard
I don’t know why, but when I tried, it didn’t work. I only had the stock Android Keyboard. Others are reporting success, so it must be something wonkie with my phone. If yours works, let me know in the comments.