If you’re lucky enough to have an HTC HD2 and adventurous enough to run Android on it, you’re no doubt aware of Haret, a sort-of multiple boot app for Windows Mobile.
This app lets you boot into other operating systems, and today you can get Froyo ROM with the HTC Sense UI that out-benchmarks the Nexus One. Impressive, very impressive!
This ROM features the following:
– Bluetooth: A2DP, streaming audio, answering and ending calls, etc. BT Keyboards don’t work yet.
– Camera w/flash & Camcorder
– 3G & EDGE.
– WiFi: Confirmed working with WEP and WPA.
– SIM contacts are working.
– Automount (a free app) to mount your SD Card. (Simply open Automount, set it to mount, then plug in your USB cable.)
– FM Radio
1. Download .zip file from this thread.
2. Extract contents of zip file into a folder on your SD card named ‘Android’.
3. Using a file explorer in Windows Mobile, inside the ‘Android’ folder run CLRCAD.exe. (Don’t worry, it will appear to do nothing, that is normal.)
4. Run Haret.exe.
That should do it! If you’ve got an HD2, running Android doesn’t get much easier. Let us know your results!
(Hat tip to Mark for sharing this with us!)