By Joe Levi | September 8, 2010 12:00 PM
As most of you are aware, Motorola’s latest couple phones are significantly more difficult to Root, and even harder to apply custom ROMs. That’s only made the developers that much more devoted to finding a way. And find a way they have!
Epic Unleashed 1.1 is the second release of the first custom ROM for the Droid 2. It’s basically a stock ROM that has been deodexed, had the bloatware removed, scripts added, and the build.prop modified.
How do you install it?
First, download the ROM’s .zip file from this thread, and place it on the root of you sdcard.
1. Root the Droid 2
2. Go to the Market and download Koush’s bootstrap application (free version, or US$2 donation version should work)
3. Bootstrap your recovery
4. Boot into recovery via the app
5. Once you boot into recovery do a FULL nandroid backup
6. Go to mounts and storage and mount /system manually to avoid problems
7. Go to “Install zip from sdcard” and toggle signature verification to disable
8. Install the zip from the sdcard