If you have an EVO you might be interested in this little hack to make the icons in your status bar look smoother, more animated, more informative, and more in-style with icons you see elsewhere on the EVO.
Changes include the battery icon which now shows 101 power levels, a smooth charging animation, animated synchronization icon, two additional frames on the GPS acquiring animation, new download and upload animations, and new adb icon, sim, and notify SD card icons.
To see what the animated icons will look like and to download the file, head over to XDA-Developers.
A few things to note:
– You must have a rooted phone
– You must be running Android 2.2
– Using a custom recovery ROM makes things easier
– Make sure you perform a nandroid backup first
– This is a framework-res.apk mod, so any previously applied themes may be erased
– Proceed at your own risk
To apply this hack, copy the .zip to the root of your sdcard, boot into recovery mode, and flash the .zip file.