By Anton D. Nagy | April 8, 2012 1:55 AM
The Samsung Infuse 4G on AT&T was running Android 2.2 Froyo out-of-the box and last time we heard, the carrier and the manufacturer put the official Gingerbread update on hold at the beginning of February.
However, the Android 2.3.6 update is available for installation with version UCLB3 (it was about time). You’ll have to apply the refresh through Samsung’s own KIES software but that shouldn’t stop you. Here’s what you get aside from a platform version bump:
- Improved Copy and Paste functionality
- Redesigned Multi Touch Software Keyboard
- Download manager for long running HTTP downloads
- Improved power management and application control
- Notification Shade: "Flight Mode" added ("Silent" removed)
- New Fonts options added include Choco Cooky, Cool Jazz, Rosemary
- Keyboard Changes: Android Keyboard with Wider Spaced keys and Quick Keys at the top
- New Widgets: The name of the content provider will be listed on the widget list along with the widget name. Previously only the widget name was provided.
- New Widget: Traffic (Android) added to list of available widgets
- Menu Changes/New Apps: Downloads and Google Books added new, Promotional pre-load of Angry Birds removed.