Android 4.0 is significantly different than past versions of Android: some settings have been moved, multitasking is changed, the launcher is overhauled, and more. While most of these changes add a lot of polish to the operating system, what if you’re the kind of user that wants your phone to feel as fast as possible? In this video, we demonstration with a Galaxy Nexus several methods for making your phone feel more snappy in Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
We cover the following:
1. Using a third party launcher will allow you to fit more icons on your homescreen, and to more easily navigate in your app drawer
2. You can specify the degree of screen animations with a setting in Developer Options
3. In Android 4.0 you can remove the lockscreen completely, allowing you to jump right into your phone without having to slide to unlock
4. The “swipe to remove” paradigm works not only in the browser to close tabs, but also in the multitask UI to remove programs from memory
5. Settings for your Phone are hiding: they’ve been moved into the phone app
Do you have any Android 4.0 tips to share? Drop a comment!
If you want to see more of Ice Cream Sandwich, be sure to check out Joe’s Android 4.0 highlights video.