Smartphone giveaway: win an LG G3 with custom skin from dbrand and Pocketnow [Closed]
“What the heck, guys? It’s been weeks! Where’s our winner?” Yeah, we know. And the winner knows. But for the rest of you, we can confirm that you did not win – not this time, at least.
Shiva Kumar, congratulations on being the lucky winner of the custom G3 from dbrand and Pocketnow! Thanks for your patience as we get the phone out to you, and as for the rest of you, keep reading Pocketnow to keep up to date with the latest smartphone news – and maybe another smartphone giveaway one of these days.
Last week we wrapped-up the latest additional entry to our Pocketnow Summer of Giveaways, bringing those of you who had been getting nervous about the security of your data the chance to win the privacy-focused Blackphone. But that contest is closed, and we’ve already named our winner, so what next? Labor Day is upon us here in the States, so is that it for summer? Do we have to put these giveaways to an end?
As if. So long as the mercury’s up in the 80s, you go ahead and keep on wearing your white clothing, because we’re keeping summer rolling, and that means more giveaways.
This week we’ve got a really great one. Remember back in July when the fantastic crew over at dbrand put together that custom-skinned Sony Xperia Z2 with one-of-a-kind Pocketnow branding? Well, they’re continuing to exude awesomeness, and now dbrand’s back with another custom look for us, this time paired with the quad HD powerhouse that is the LG G3.
The first of the flagships from the big international OEMs with a 2560 x 1440 display, LG’s G3 breaks new ground. With a 5.5-inch screen, that gives it a pixel density north of 500 pixels per inch, so incredibly detailed that you’ll struggle to tell one pixel from the next.
While your friends endlessly debate whether or not such a fantastically high resolution on a smartphone is a worthwhile spec, you’ll be able to shrug them off with a “it doesn’t matter if anyone needs it. I have it.”
But that’s just the tip of the iceberg, and when you join that display with a fast-to-focus laser-assisted camera, big 3,000 mAh battery, and those iconic LG rear hardware buttons, the G3 all adds up to some hardware more than capable of doing the G-series justice.
For this giveaway, dbrand has outfitted the G3 with a unique skin that’s somewhat representative of this contest. Hate how some of these offers have been restricted to smartphone fans in the US? Wish all our contests could be open to the global phone audience? So do we! This time, not only are we doing another open-everywhere contest, but dbrand has given the phone a special international flavor with the custom LG G3 skin you see up top.
How to win
Let’s keep this short and sweet: follow Pocketnow on Twitter, follow dbrand on Twitter, and you’re set.
Want to improve your odds a little? We can help you out there. Just go ahead and share our LG G3 review and we’ll toss an extra entry your way. Then just sit back, relax, and think lucky thoughts as we wait to pick our winner next week.
[center]a Rafflecopter giveaway
- Contest begins Tuesday, September 2, 2014 and runs through 12am EDT (4am GMT) Tuesday, September 9, 2014. That means entries essentially close on Monday night.
- This contest is open to smartphone fans everywhere, all around the globe.
- Prize is one (1) LG G3 with custom skin from dbrand.
- In order to be considered for entry, you must complete all tasks spelled-out in the Rafflecopter widget. Those consist of liking Pocketnow and dbrand on Twitter.
- One (1) grand-prize winner will be selected from Rafflecopter’s randomized pool of entrants.
- The winner will be announced on the next episode of the Pocketnow Weekly podcast following the close of entries. We’ll share the winner’s name in the opening minutes of the show, and also update this post to reflect the same info.