Smartphone giveaway: win a Blackphone from Pocketnow, GSM Nation, and Fight for the Future
We got a phenomenal response from this contest, but the time for entries has past. Thanks to everyone who took the time to participate, but only one of you can be our winner, and it’s going to be Benjamin Levy who goes home with a Blackphone to call his own.
Everyone else, keep following Pocketnow for our news of our next contest. Maybe you’ll be the lucky winner next time around!
Last week came and went without a new opportunity to win anything as part of our ongoing Pocketnow summer of giveaways. After the weeks of handing out phones, invite codes, and accessories, we needed a brief reprieve to catch our breath. And we know, it’s not fall yet, so we aim to keep this party going for just a little while longer. Today we’ve got a very special contest to announce, as we partner with GSM Nation and Fight for the Future to award one lucky reader a privacy-centric Blackphone.
Has all this recent talk about the Blackphone and smartphone privacy in general had you feeling like this is an issue you finally need to start addressing? A little overwhelmed by all the third-party options out there and wish you could just turn to a Blackphone and its from-the-ground-up privacy model? Read on to discover how you can win!
We’ve spent the last few weeks talking quite a bit of smartphone security and what the arrival of the Blackphone can do to help enhance it, looking at all the technical stuff that’s going on to keep your data private, as well as giving the smartphone our full hands-on review treatment. Is it a phone for everyone? Probably not, but this is still really going to appeal to a certain breed of smartphone user, and if that just happens to be you, we’d love to help hook you up with a Blackphone.
So, how do you go about winning this thing, already?
Our stalwart friend the Rafflecopter widget returns, and this time he’s got a new set of requirements for entry. In order to get your name in the running for the Blackphone, we’re going to need you to connect with the three Twitter accounts he directs you to: us, GSM Nation, and Fight for the Future.
Do all that, and you’re entered to win. In order to increase your chances, we’ve also got a few optional entry opportunities, helping us promote the contest; after completing the basic entry requirements, you’ll get full access to all those extra, optional ways to win.
And because we know how much you hate regional restrictions, this contest is open to privacy-loving smartphone fans all around the globe. You have between now and the end of the day on Wednesday, August 27 to register to win, and while that may seem like plenty of time, this is not one contest you’re going to want to forget about; hurry and enter while you can.
- Contest begins Monday, August 18, 2014 and runs through 12am EDT (4am GMT) Thursday, August 28, 2014. That’s midnight between Wednesday and Thursday, not Thursday and Friday, so don’t come complaining if you missed your chance to enter.
- This is a global giveaway, open to anyone, anywhere.
- Prize is one (1) Blackphone, SRP $629.
- In order to be considered for entry, you’re going to need to follow Pocketnow, GSM Nation, and Fight for the Future on Twitter. You must abide by the rules spelled-out in the Rafflecopter widget to be eligible.
- One (1) grand-prize winner will be selected from Rafflecopter’s randomized pool of entrants.
- The winner will be announced next week, shortly after entries close. This post will be updated at that time to identify the winning entry.