Sony Xperia E1, E1 Dual net Android 4.4 update
Sony’s recently been one of the best OEMs with regard to Android updates, providing updates to its flagships (and other phones) quickly after the source code hits AOSP. The latest phones to get in on the fun are part of the Sony Xperia E1 line, with the Sony Xperia E1 Android 4.4 update rolling out as we speak.
Apart from Android 4.4 (we’re not sure what version of Android 4.4, but it’s likely we’re talking either 4.4.3 or 4.4.4), Sony has thrown in some goodies of its own. Take a look at the full changelog below to check those out:
- Google’s Android 4.4; KitKat as standard – bringing performance & UI optimisation…
- We’ve added our tweaked Status Bar and Quick Settings… now more intuitive and customisable (and pretty easy on the eye)… cleaned up to ensure you only get the notifications you really need
- If you’ve got a Sony PlayStation 4, you might recognize our new user interface – we’ve added the same sleek launch animation and livewallpaper across the lock and home screens
- Better storage choice – you now have the option to easily move applications from internal memory to SD card – we recognised the need to have more control over your content… as something particularly useful for devices with slightly less space
- We’re also uplifting Sony’s entire native app portfolio to the latest versions – bringing tweaked / improved / current experiences for (to name but a few): Messaging, Smart Connect, TrackID, Sony Select, and Battery STAMINA Mode, Sony’s Media apps: WALKMAN, Album and Movies
- And proving pretty popular, now totaling over 2 million downloads (!) – our unique custom interface experience: “Xperia Themes”, with downloadable UI packs from Sony Select – skin up to 280 assets across your Xperia smartphone with a variety of styles…
Of course, let us know if the Sony Xperia E1 Android 4.4 update has become available to your phone yet down in the comments. The next phones up for an update are part of the Sony Xperia M2 line, so it seems Sony’s on a roll — anyone impressed?
Source: Sony Mobile