We’ve got a winner! Congratulations, Isaac Rodriquez: you’re getting a Nexus 5 and the Android Wear smartwatch of your choice!
Everyone else, check back next week, only this time instead of Monday, we’ll be bringing you word of our new contest on Wednesday.
Last week, we saw our second Huawei Ascend Mate2 4G LTE giveaway draw to a close. And as it did so, it marked the end of the last contest we announced back at the start of July, for our month of giveaways. So, is that all she wrote?
Not hardly. We’re expanding that month of giveaways to a summer of giveaways, and if you were listening to last week’s edition of the Pocketnow Weekly podcast (as any red-blooded smartphone fan does), you already know where this is going: we’ve got another offer all ready to unveil for you.
With the help of Tab Dump and Stefan Constantinescu, we’re giving away a very special bundle. That’s right: not one prize, but two. The lucky winner will go home with not just a Nexus 5, still the top-of-the-line Nexus model until a successor gets here, but also the Android Wear smartwatch of his or her choice.
Now, we can’t just make the Moto 360 appear out of nowhere (though we hear if you say its name three times in front of a mirror in a darkened room, an OG Droid will appear and start haunting your dreams), so that leaves you with the choice between an LG G Watch or the Samsung Gear Live. But no matter which you choose, you’ll be outfitted with everything you need to start getting in on this smartwatch craze with all Android Wear has to offer.
The Nexus 5
What’s there to say at this point? The Nexus 5 was a solid contender when it launched last fall, and even with the arrival of 2014 flagships from all the big Android OEMs, and the spread of new SoCs and high-end components like quad HD displays, the Nexus 5’s five-inch 1080p panel and Snapdragon 800 are still nothing to be ashamed about.
As a Nexus model, this phone affords you all the luxuries of speedy Android updates, not to mention the sort of special treatment that brings more technical users early access to things like the Android L preview.
Paired with an Android Wear smartwatch, and you’re looking at a pure-Google way to enjoy both the smartphone and smartwatch sides of the mobile Android experience.
How to win
Like last week, we’re giving you a ton of bonus chances for entry, but the basic steps are simple enough.
ONE: Say “hi” to the Rafflecopter widget down below and give it your info.
TWO: Sign up for the Tab Dump email list. Make sure to use the same email you register with Rafflecopter, so we can verify completion of the requirement.
THREE: Check in with our Android Wear review and leave a relevant comment in that post. What do we mean by that? Very much not “OMG want 2 win so b@@@d.” Tell us why you agree or disagree with our assessment of Android Wear. Tell us something you’d like to see change about the platform. Basically, just anything about the review or Android Wear itself, and not a comment about entering this contest. Capisce?
FOUR: Help us promote the contest by tweeting about it. Rafflecopter will hook you up with a message all ready to share with your followers.
FIVE: Whitelist incoming emails from pocketnow.com addresses if you have any hope of being notified if and when you win.
SIX (Optional): Want some extra chances to win? That trusty old Rafflecopter widget has a few bonus entry opportunities you’re welcome to take advantage of, including following some social accounts and sharing our Nexus 5 and Android Wear reviews.
- Contest begins Monday, August 4, 2014 and runs through 12am EDT (4am GMT) Friday, August 8, 2014. And just like before, unless you plan on submitting an entry at the stroke at midnight, that means entries essentially close on Thursday night.
- This contest is open to smartphone/watch lovers all around the world. No US-only business this time (yaaay!).
- Prize is one (1) Nexus 5 (16GB) in black, white, or red, valued at $349, as well as your choice of either one (1) LG G Watch, valued at $229, or one (1) Samsung Gear Live, valued at $199.
- In order to be considered for entry, you must complete all mandatory tasks spelled-out in the Rafflecopter widget. Those include subscribing to the Tab Dump email list, leaving a comment in our Android Wear review post, and tweeting about this contest.
- One (1) grand-prize winner will be selected from Rafflecopter’s randomized pool of entrants.
- The winner will be announced on episode 108 of the Pocketnow Weekly podcast, airing live Friday, August 8 at 2pm EDT (6pm GMT). We’ll share the winner’s name in the opening minutes of the show, and update this post afterward with the same details.
Good luck to all of you!