BBM beta for Windows Phone goes public
As much as we struggle to keep BlackBerry alive in our feeds, the company isn’t doing the best job in helping us reach that goal. BlackBerry is more of an uncertainty than it is the aspiring line of products that most of us drooled for in the past. That said, BBM has been doing a decent job in gaining some cross-platform glory, and the next frontier is Windows Phone.
The company recently launched BBM beta for Windows Phone devices, but as a closed beta for only a few. Today BlackBerry has launched BBM as a public beta for Windows Phone 8 and Windows Phone 8.1 devices and the list of features included won’t make you feel you’re missing out on anything:
– Chat with friends on Windows Phone, iPhone, Android and BlackBerry:
– Know when messages have been delivered (D’s) and read (R’s)
– Quickly share photos, voice notes, BBM contacts and your location
– See when contacts are responding to your message
– Emoticons for every mood and emotion let you express yourself
Keep in mind that this is still the original beta, and BlackBerry has made it clear that it’s hoping to have the second version out very soon. It’s hard to predict if this will be a hit on Windows Phone so late in the game, but we can all wish for the best, as BlackBerry does deserve a break.