Smartphone giveaway: win a Huawei Ascend Mate2 4G LTE from Huawei and Pocketnow (Closed)
Winner, winner, smartphone… dinner? OK, that doesn’t work, but we’ve still got a winner for our Ascend Mate2 4G LTE giveaway: Dennis E. Miller, congratulations! We’ll be in touch shortly to get this Huawei phablet into your hands.
Everyone else, check back next Monday for news of our next giveaway.
“Pocketnow, you used to be cool. Remember when you started this whole ‘summer of giveaways’ a few weeks back, and you had big prizes like that Sony Xperia Z2 with custom Pocketnow skin from dbrand?”
Yeah, that was a pretty sweet phone. What about it?
“Well those OnePlus One invites you’ve been giving away for the past two weeks have been a little… well, I appreciate the effort, but couldn’t you give us some more prizes that don’t involve us spending our own money?”
What, something like that Huawei Ascend Mate2 4G LTE we handed out a month ago? You know… that was a good prize. Alright, you’ve convinced us! How about another opportunity to get your hands on that big ol’ phablet?
The Ascend Mate2 4G LTE
Huawei’s Ascend Mate2 is the same giant we reviewed last month, but the manufacturer isn’t just making a 6.1-inch phablet for the sake of having one of the largest phones on the block; no, Huawei’s putting that size to good use, giving the Mate2 an oversized 3900 mAh battery. That’s just about the same capacity as you’ll find in tablets like the Nexus 7, but the Mate2 weighs something like 30 percent less.
That kind of power helps drive the phablet’s big, bright display all day long, with juice still left over to share with other devices – the Mate2 lets you use it as a power pack, connecting it to other portable devices to top-off their own charges.
How to win
Since the idea of a free phablet is such an attractive one, we’re bringing back extra ways to enter this week, to give you as many chances to win as possible. Here’s how you can get started:
ONE: Scroll down to our friendly Rafflecopter widget below and give it your info.
THREE: Leave a comment in our Ascend Mate2 4G LTE review telling us why you’re so interested in the phone. Plan to make it your daily driver? Thinking it might be more useful as a secondary device – a mini tablet, of sorts – especially with its ability to charge other hardware? Tell us all about your plans! And remember, that comment belongs in the Mate2 review post, not here, nor on any other Pocketnow page.
FOUR: Whitelist incoming emails from pocketnow.com addresses if you have any hope of being notified if and when you win.
FIVE (Optional): Want some extra chances to win? Check out the Rafflecopter widget to follow some of Pocketnow’s editors on Twitter for bonus entries.
- Contest begins Monday, July 28, 2014 and runs through 12am EDT (4am GMT) Friday, August 1, 2014. Unless you feel like playing with fire and getting your entry in at the stroke at midnight, that means entries essentially close on Thursday.
- This contest is restricted to US citizens only. We’re sorry, international Pocketnow fans; you know we love you, but you’re just going to have to wait this one out.
- Prize is one (1) Huawei Ascend Mate2 4G LTE, currently retailing for $299.99 directly from the team at Huawei – all through the new GetHuawei.com web sales portal.
- In order to be considered for entry, you must complete all tasks spelled-out in the Rafflecopter widget. Those consist of liking Pocketnow and Huawei USA on Twitter and leaving a comment in our Ascend Mate2 review post.
- One (1) grand-prize winner will be selected from Rafflecopter’s randomized pool of entrants.
- The winner will be announced on episode 107 of the Pocketnow Weekly podcast, airing live Friday, August 1 at 2pm EDT (6pm GMT). We’ll share the winner’s name in the opening minutes of the show, and update this post afterward with the same details.