Congratulations Tyler Martin (no, not Taylor, so lose the nepotistic conspiracy theories), you’re our lucky winner! Check you email for your notification, and we’ll get you that code straight away.
Everyone else, swing back around on Monday for details of our next contest; no more invite codes this time around.
Whoa, déjà vu! Didn’t you guys already… you had a OnePlus One before… I entered this last week, right?
No, your wits haven’t left you: as we continue Pocketnow’s summer of smartphone giveaways, we’re following-up last week’s OnePlus One invite giveaway with another opportunity to score a chance to buy this phone.
The rules are pretty much the same as last time around, with just a little tweak to the entry requirements, so if you’re still hoping to have the opportunity to pick this Android up for yourself, read on for details of how you can go about entering.
The OnePlus One invite
OnePlus introduced its One handset earlier this year, going both after shoppers attracted to smartphones that offer great no-contract value (phones like those in Google’s own Nexus series) as well as the segment really interested in custom ROM options, shipping the handset with CyanogenMod right out of the box.
The problem’s been how to get your hands on the phone, and limited quantities have driven OnePlus to adopt an invite system; unless you have an invitation code, OnePlus simply won’t sell you the model.
That’s where we come in: the winner of this week’s contest will receive an invite code letting them buy a shiny, new OnePlus one to call their own.
Seeing how much this arrangement differs from the phone giveaways we’ve run in weeks past, we’re spelling this out again for you, crystal clear: we are not sending the winner a free OnePlus One. This contest only affords the winner the invitation he or she will need to purchase the 64GB One for themselves. The prize is not transferable, so unless you have the nearly $350 you’ll need to buy the Android and are itching for the chance to spend it, this is not the contest for you. Later this month we’ll have more traditional giveaways, but this week is just for the invitation, not the phone itself.
How to win
Like we said, the entry process is largely the same as last week’s contest, with one minor adjustment: instead of following Pocketnow on Twitter, we’re going to need entrants to “like” us on Facebook.
And since some of you have struggled with following the (seriously, so, so simple) entry requirements in weeks past, let’s make this as easy to understand as possible.
ONE: Cut a hole in the…. NO! Sorry. One, you got to connect with that Rafflecopter widget down below.
TWO: Like Pocketnow on Facebook.
THREE: Leave a comment in our OnePlus One review telling us why you want to buy the phone. If you leave the comment in this post, rather than in the review where it belongs, Pocketnow reserves the right to break your thumbs (not really, say those spoilsports in legal).
FOUR: Whitelist incoming emails from pocketnow.com addresses if you have any hope of being notified if and when you win.
You with us so far? OK, let’s get started.
- Contest begins Monday, July 21, 2014 and runs through 12am EDT (4am GMT) Friday, July 25, 2014. Unless you feel like playing with fire and getting your entry in at the stroke at midnight, that means entries essentially close on Thursday.
- This is a global giveaway, open to anyone, anywhere (we’re working on the anytime bit, but our vortex manipulator is in the shop).
- Prize is one (1) 64GB OnePlus One invite. The invite gives you the chance to buy the phone, but you’ll have to pony up the money yourself. Don’t enter if you don’t intend to buy one, as the prize is non-transferable.
- In order to be considered for entry, you must complete all tasks spelled-out in the Rafflecopter widget. Those consist of liking Pocketnow on Facebook and leaving a comment in our OnePlus One review post.
- One (1) grand-prize winner will be selected from Rafflecopter’s randomized pool of entrants.
- The winner will be announced on episode 106 of the Pocketnow Weekly podcast, airing live Friday, July 25 at 2pm EDT (6pm GMT). We’ll share the winner’s name in the opening minutes of the show, and update this post afterward with the same details.