Smartphone invite giveaway: win a chance to buy a 64GB OnePlus One (Closed)
It’s Friday afternoon, which means we have a winner: congratulations Lukas Pichl, you’ve got a OnePlus One invite code with your name on it. Check your inbox for our notification email and we’ll get that right out to you.
As for the rest of you, check back on Monday for our next giveaway; we’ve got one more OnePlus One invite to hand out, so if you didn’t win this round, you’ve got one more shot.
Last week marked the first official installment of our Pocketnow summer giveaway series, where we’re bringing you opportunities to win some of the hottest smartphone hardware all throughout the month of July (and probably stretching a little into August, as well).
That last prize was a Sony Xperia Z2 with one-of-a-kind custom Pocketnow skin from the crew at dbrand, and thousands of you dropped your names in the hat for the chance to win the phone for yourself. While that giveaway may be over, we’ve got a whole new offer to bring your way this week, as we’re connecting one lucky Pocketnow reader with the chance to score a OnePlus One invite.
The OnePlus One invite
OnePlus introduced its One handset earlier this year, going both after shoppers attracted to smartphones that offer great no-contract value (phones like those in Google’s own Nexus series) as well as the segment really interested in custom ROM options, shipping the handset with CyanogenMod right out of the box.
The problem’s been how to get your hands on the phone, and limited quantities have driven OnePlus to adopt an invite system; unless you have an invitation code, OnePlus simply won’t sell you the model.
That’s where we come in: the winner of this week’s contest will receive an invite code letting them buy a shiny, new OnePlus one to call their own.
Seeing how much this arrangement differs from the phone giveaways we’ve run in weeks past, we’re spelling this out again for you, crystal clear: we are not sending the winner a free OnePlus One. This contest only affords the winner the invitation he or she will need to purchase the 64GB One for themselves. The prize is not transferable, so unless you have the nearly $350 you’ll need to buy the Android and are itching for the chance to spend it, this is not the contest for you. Later this month we’ll have more traditional giveaways, but this week is just for the invitation, not the phone itself.
How to win
Felt like we had you jumping through a lot of hoops to enter last week? Come on, that was a really nice prize! But we’re well aware that the idea of a phone you’re going to have to pay for yourself is just a smidge less attractive than one that’s straight-up free, so we’re making this week’s contest easier to enter.
To enter, connect with the Rafflecopter widget you see right down below here, and complete the required tasks. All you have to do in order to get your name in the running is to follow Pocketnow on Twitter (and if you’re already following us like all the cool kids are, you’re good to go), and post a comment in our recent OnePlus One review telling us what about this phone has you itching for a chance to buy one.
Last week some of you were in such a rush to enter that you tried posting that comment to the announcement post rather than to the review post you’re supposed to. Don’t be that guy. Comments go in the review itself.
You with us so far? OK, now go ahead and get your entry in!
- Contest begins Monday, July 14, 2014 and runs through 12am EDT (4am GMT) Friday, July 18, 2014. Unless you feel like playing with fire and getting your entry in at the stroke at midnight, that means entries essentially close on Thursday.
- This is a global giveaway, open to anyone, anywhere (we’re working on the anytime bit, but our vortex manipulator is in the shop).
- Prize is one (1) 64GB OnePlus One invite. The invite gives you the chance to buy the phone, but you’ll have to pony up the money yourself. Don’t enter if you don’t intend to buy one, as the prize is non-transferable.
- In order to be considered for entry, you must complete all tasks spelled-out in the Rafflecopter widget. Those consist of following Pocketnow on Twitter and leaving a comment in our OnePlus One review post.
- One (1) grand-prize winner will be selected from Rafflecopter’s randomized pool of entrants.
- The winner will be announced on episode 105 of the Pocketnow Weekly podcast, airing live Friday (not Thursday this week), July 18 at 2pm EDT (6pm GMT). We’ll share the winner’s name in the opening minutes of the show, and update this post afterward with the same details.
If you do decide to enter, please take a moment and add Pocketnow to your email whitelist so that (on the chance that you win) you’re able to respond to our notification email, and it doesn’t end up in your spam folder. You don’t want us to have to give your prize to someone else because you didn’t reply to our messages!
That’s all she wrote. If you’ve got any questions about the contest itself, drop a comment here. But god help you if you post that contest-entry comment here in this post: those belong in the OnePlus One review.