We’re giving away a Sony Xperia Z2 with custom Pocketnow skin from dbrand (Closed)
Update: We have ourselves a winner! Manish Gohil, congratulations, as you’re headed home with the Xperia Z2 with custom Pocketnow skin from the guys at dbrand. Check your inbox for details on how we’re getting this baby to you, and thanks to everyone who participated!
Stop back around on Monday for details on entering the next contest in our series of Pocketnow giveaways.
Ever notice how it doesn’t matter how perfectly capable your current smartphone is, how well-suited its hardware is to your particular needs, when all of a sudden a shiny new model walks in the room and has you ready to toss your old handset in the trash as yesterday’s news?
Maybe you never gave water resistance much of a second thought, but now that all the new high-end phones are arriving with it, you can’t imagine going another day keeping your phone dry. Or maybe you never had much of an issue with the adequate 5MP main camera on your phone, until you got to check out the output possible from some of these new 15MP+ beasts.
We feel your pain. We really, really do. And luckily for you, we’re here to help.
Last week we announced the start of our month-long series of Pocketnow giveaways, bringing smartphone fans like you the chance to score some of the latest hardware. The contests get underway this week, and the first one to go live is a beaut: we’ve got a brand new Sony Xperia Z2 waiting for one Pocketnow reader, outfitted with a custom Pocketnow skin crafted by the good folks at dbrand. Interested? Good; read on for details.
The Xperia Z2
You can check our full review of the Sony Xperia Z2 for the complete rundown on what to expect from its hardware and software package, but the important takeaway is that this is a speedy, durable, top-tier model with one of the best Android camera experiences around, thanks to its 20.7MP main camera.
“But what of this custom skinning you mentioned?” So glad you asked! This is a custom design from dbrand, using their know-how to produce skins with what they describe as the most precise fit on the planet. That bespoke cut means that not only can you remove the Pocketnow Z2 skin for an unadorned look, but put it back on later with no loss of quality: it fits like a glove because it was designed just for this phone.
And if all this talk of custom skins has you wondering if a dbrand skin might be a nice addition to a phone you already have, you’ll want to check out dbrand’s newly revamped website, with enough custom textures and colors to let anyone find the unique look they’re after. You can even find some alternate designs for Xperia Z2 skins, or browse one of the many other models dbrand supports.
How to win
OK, so you want this phone by now. How do you get it? Easy peasy, friend. This lovely Rafflecopter widget here holds your key to entry. Treat it kindly, follow its directions, and you’re just a few short moments away from getting your entry in for the Z2 giveaway. For full details on all the requirements, scroll on down to our legal section.
Entries will be accepted up through midnight (Eastern; 4am GMT) on Wednesday night, with the winning name announced during our live Pocketnow Weekly podcast Thursday afternoon at 2pm EDT (6pm GMT).
- Contest begins Monday, July 7, 2014 and runs through 12am EDT (4am GMT) Thursday, July 10, 2014. That’s midnight between Wednesday and Thursday, not Thursday and Friday, so don’t come complaining if you missed your chance to enter.
- This is a global giveaway, open to anyone, anywhere.
- Prize is one (1) Sony Xperia Z2, 16 GB (black), SRP $749.
- In order to be considered for entry, you’re going to need to hop on social media and get connected with both Pocketnow and dbrand. That means following the both of us, not just on Facebook, but also Twitter. You must abide by the rules spelled-out in the Rafflecopter widget to be eligible.
- Entries must also visit our Xperia Z2 review and leave a comment. Tell us what intrigues you the most about the Z2, or how you’re going to put that waterproofing to good use if you’re the lucky winner.
- One (1) grand-prize winner will be selected from Rafflecopter’s randomized pool of entrants.
- The winner will be announced on episode 104 of the Pocketnow Weekly podcast, airing Thursday, July 10 at 2pm EDT (6pm GMT). If you’re unable to watch live, the archived podcast will immediately be available on YouTube, and audio-only copies will follow a few hours later, available on the same page.
Anything still unclear about what we’re doing here? Ask away in the comments, and we’ll do our best to clarify what’s going on. Following this week’s giveaway, we’ve got an all-new contest getting underway next Monday, where you’ll have a shot at winning an invitation to buy the 64GB OnePlus One; check back then for full details.
Remember, those comments about the Z2 you need to make in order to enter the contest belong in the Xperia Z2 review, not in the comment section of this post. Make sure your comments end up in the right spot if you’re hoping to win the phone.