Smartphone giveaway: win an Ascend Mate2 4G LTE from Pocketnow and Huawei! (Entries closed)
Update: Thanks to everyone who participated (and for all your helpful comments about what you want to see more -or less- of from Pocketnow), but the contest is over. Dunzo. No more. While that means that most of you will have to wait for your next chance to win (a wait that might not be too, too long… stay tuned), one of you is walking away from this with a shiny new Ascend Mate2 4G LTE.
<drum roll> The Ascend Mate2 4G LTE goes to Pocketnow reader Joshua Robert Cooper. </drum roll>
Joshua, check your email for details on collecting your prize. As for the rest of you, thanks again for participating, and keep on the lookout for your next opportunity to win some free gear. And a special thank you to Huawei for making this all possible!
Are you the kind of smartphone user who carries around a charging cable with you, topping-off your battery every time you see an outlet, out of the fear that you’ll find yourself running out of juice at just about the most inopportune moment possible?
Or do you go to the trouble of lugging around an external power pack, or even -for the most extreme among you- a fully-charged spare battery ready to be swapped in when you start dipping into those single-digit charge readouts?
What if we told you there was another way? And dare we say, a better way?
Last week we brought you our review of the Huawei Ascend Mate2 4G LTE, a big ‘ol phablet of a phone with a massive 3900mAh battery; that’s 22 percent more capacity than the 3200mAh cell on the Galaxy Note 3. With a battery like that, we’re measuring usage time in days, not hours.
OK, cheapskate, fair enough, but we’re not taking this opportunity here to try and sell you an Ascend Mate2 4G LTE; quite the opposite, in fact. Thanks to the fine folks at Huawei USA, we’ve got a shiny new Ascend Mate2 4G LTE all ready to give away, free as they come, to one lucky Pocketnow reader.
Gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme
If you were listening to our inaugural live edition of the Pocketnow Weekly a little earlier today, you’re already ahead of the curve (and honestly, if you’re not listening to the Weekly with almost religious fervor, we’re going to have to sit down and discuss the choices you’re making in life), and have already heard a little bit about how we’re running this smartphone giveaway.
The contest is already open, and it’ll will run for the following five days, concluding at the stroke of midnight Eastern time on June 26th (click here to translate that deadline to your local time). Then tune in on Friday for episode 102 of the Pocketnow Weekly, where we’ll announce the winner live on the air.
Here’s the review video, if you need a refresher on our take regarding the grand prize:
Smashing! Sign me up, already
Cheap and pushy is no way to go through life but… fine. Observe the lovely widget below? This guy here is your ticket to registering for your chance to win our Huawei Ascend Mate2 4G LTE.
You’re going to need a Facebook account to sign up for this one, and this particular contest is confined to US citizens. We prefer global giveaways as much as you do (which is why our last two years’ worth of giveaways have been international) but considering it’s a phone built for the American market, that’s just the way it has to be this time around. We’ll be giving away more devices soon, so stay tuned for more global opportunities!
The instructions are on the buttons below, but the long and short of it is: 1) ya gotta like Pocketnow on Facebook, and 2) ya gotta leave a comment on this post telling us what you want to see more of (and less of) in the future! Whether you’ve been reading Pocketnow since 2000 or you’re just visiting the site for the first time today, we need your feedback! Keep it honest, but keep it civil … and no, feedback about this particular giveaway (i.e., “do fewer giveaways that require Facebook”) doesn’t count.
The Smartphone Giveaway Legalese
- Contest period begins at 12:01a ET on Friday, June 20, 2014 and ends at 12:01a ET, Thursday, June 26, 2014.
- Contest open to all residents of the United States with a Facebook account (sorry, no international entries this time – check back for future giveaways)
- Duplicate entries outside the scope of those allowed by the Rafflecopter options, or entries judged to be otherwise fraudulent will be disqualified. Such judgement is at the sole discretion of Pocketnow.
- Prize is one (1) Huawei Ascend Mate2 4G LTE, currently retailing for $299.99 directly from the team at Huawei – all through the new GetHuawei.com web sales portal.
- Every entrant must fulfill the minimum requirements dictated by the Rafflecopter widget to qualify.
- Entrants must like Pocketnow’s official Facebook account, and comment on this post to be considered for the prize. Comment must contain a remark telling us what you’d like to see from Pocketnow in the future – new segments, a focus on different devices – let us know!
- Grand-prize winner (1) will be selected from Rafflecopter’s randomized pool of qualified entrants and announced on Episode 102 of the Pocketnow Weekly podcast. Please provide both first and last name when submitting (where applicable) so we know who to congratulate on the air.
That’s it! Leave questions below regarding anything not made clear by the above rules, and good luck!